All In One Edition
CodeFluent Entities is a .NET application modeling and generation tool, fully integrated in Visual Studio (2008 to 2015). If you like to start from a visual model rather than dive in code first, if you like to focus on business code rather than continuously write plumbing code, this is for you. Your code (.NET and database) and your model are kept in sync and leverage best practices to ensure application maintainability and performance as well as developer productivity.
It is packed with features ready to use such as fully human-readable generated code, extensibility, data paging, multiple database connectors… It comes in two flavors:
- The free edition, that is not time bombed or limited in number of objects, but only comes with C#/VB and SQL Server producers.
- The Ultimate edition described in this page, packed with all code producers:
- Database: SQL Azure, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, as well as importers for the same DBs + Access and SQLite
- ASP.NET and WCF Producers: generates ready to use “screens” to manipulate your objects (good enough for a backoffice or for a functional mockup without high design expectations)
- but also additional productivity tools such as
Please find below the complete list of features:
CodeFluent Entities Ultimate provides several components to allow you to create enterprise-class applications.
- The Modeler: integrated to Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and now 2015, let's you design your model in a graphic interface and generate code without leaving Visual Studio's familiar user interface.
- The Portable Modeler: provides non-Visual Studio users a way to view CodeFluent Entities model graphically.
- The Meta-Compiler (a.k.a. the builder) is a command line tool "compiling" your models, that's what parses your model, builds a meta-model out of it and calls each producer one by one which will translate this platform independent model into actual code. That's what the Modeler uses behind the scene when you hit "Build" but you don't necessarily need Visual Studio to use it!
Persistence Code Generators
Thanks to its persistence "producers" CodeFluent Entities can translate your models into fully functional persistence layers (Tables, Schemas, Columns, Stored Procedures, Data, Keys, Constraints, Views, User Defined Types, etc.). Available persistence producers are:
- SQL Server Producer (SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012 and now 2014)
- SQL Template Producer (template-based file generation and deployment)
- Oracle Database Producer (Oracle Database 9g/10g/11g)
- SQL Azure Producer
- MySQL Producer
- PostgreSQL Producer
.NET Business Object Model Generator
Generate a consistent business tier reusable across all .NET applications (e.g. Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms, Windows Services, Silverlight, Windows Workflows):
- Business Object Model Producer (C# or VB.NET)
- Cache Producer: adds caching capabilities to the generated .NET object model
- Auto-Trace Producer: adds tracing capabilities to the generated .NET object model
- Linq-To-Sql Producer: decorates .NET classes with Linq-To-Sql attributes
- Add application-wide features using the built-in "CodeFluent Aspects" (e.g. Data Localization, Google like text-search),
- Create your own "CodeFluent Aspects" to externalize features from your models and reuse them in your projects
WCF Code Generator
Expose your generated middle-tier to the web using the WCF Service Object Model Producer.
- Generate fully configurable services and contracts exposing your middle-tier,
- Generate a remote version of your server-side object model taking care of all communication aspects so developers keep the same development experience when developing Smart-Client
- The generated Smart Client Object Model can be used in Silverlight applications.
User Interface Code Generators
- Office Lists Producer: use Microsoft Access 2007+ and Microsoft Excel 2003+ as front-ends of your application with no client-side deployment
- ASP.NET Producer (ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms, JQuery/JQueryUI/jqGrid)
- Template Producer: generate any text based file (PHP, configuration files, RTF, emails, invoices, etc.)
- Exec Producer: execute any external program in the production pipeline
- Patch Producer: apply patches on generated
Create models from existing applications by importing from a database or a model:
- SQL Server Importer
- SQL Server CE Importer
- Access Importer
- MySQL Importer
- Oracle Database Importer
- OLEDB Importer
- ADO.NET EntityFramework Importer
- Enterprise Architect Importer
- XMI Importer
- Data Binding
- Internationalization / Localization
- ASP.NET Membership Providers
- Middle-Of-Word Text Search
- Binary Large Object (BLOB)
Run-time Controls & Utilities
The product is shipped with a royalty free run-time (provided you have a commercial CodeFluent Entities license) which includes plenty of handy controls and utilities. For instance:
- ASP.NET Server Controls (e.g. BooleanControl, CompareControl, ExistsControl)